December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!!

God JulFeliz Navidad, Frohe Weihnachten, and 메리 크리스마스 (ha.. I only know it in those languages).

Now with all that said... Merry Christmas!! 

I hope you all had a wonderful time with your families, friends, or maybe even girlfriends/boyfriends!

- I sure had! And I guess I'll never have such a weird Christmas again o___O 
In the morning of December 24th (Denmark is +9 hours from here) I got on my Skype and called my parents and siblings, who were celebrating Christmas with my grandparents at their place. 
They had brought my brother's laptop, that they had placed at the end of the table while they were having Christmas dinner. (I ALWAYS sit at the end of the table when we eat there). Once in a while I'd yell stuff like: "Hey grandma! Hand me the potatoes please!" and they'd crack up. Yeah.. it sounds weird.. but that's how my family works. We're unusual :P


I actually had to look this up as I thought it was a "normal" thing that people did on Christmas eve all around the world.. apparently not, but in Scandinavia we DANCE AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE WHILE SINGING! And so did my family! My dad held the laptop in his hands as they danced around - And I'd pick which songs! I even had to lead them in one of the songs.. Thank God I was home alone that day. My host family would've thought I was insane. 

My grandpa, mom, sister, brother, and dad~

This is pretty much what it looked like..

When it came to the gift opening, they brought up all the gifts to the table. I myself found the presents that they had sent me and placed them beside me. We then took turns in unwrapping stuff. 

The presents and chocolate calendar that my family sent me~ 

Yaaaay presents! The papers were notes from my younger sister, who wrote how much she missed me and bla~  Sorry.. I'm not very emotional when it comes to that stuff. But nice of her!
I also got these 3 shirts, this hat, and a pyjamas. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the white one.. the other two.. not so much. The cashier where they got them said that it was IN in America right now and everybody wore that kind of shirt over here... NO! Heck no. I haven't seen just one girl wear it. And I get why... I tried them on and.. ew. Just ew. The shape is just wrong.


Thank you Skype for making it possible for me to talk to my family on such a special day!

God Jul/Merry Christmas from my family and I!
~~~~~  

Then! Yesterday I got to celebrate Christmas again! ... For Americans celebrate on December 25th!
Carol and Tom has two kids; Casie on 22, who's currently on Honduras and then J (Jacob) on 25. So J came over and celebrated with us.. That's why we didn't really get to open presents in the morning, but around noon instead. He was simply just too lazy to come here early.

We all sat down in the livingroom and then Carol would throw the gifts to us. Btw.. These are Tom and Carol. (This picture has been highly requested by my family and friends). 
Tom got a spade form Carol, she got a giant box with wines, and they gave their son, J, a bag of beans. BEANS!! .. Hahaha these people are crazy, but in an awesome way! :D 

J modelling his new shorts! 
After the gift-unwrapping we had Skyped with their daughter, had dinner, and later that night I challenged J to learn some Danish as Carol had told me he would pick up new languages just like that!
Of course he had a hard time with some of the words but he was trying really hard! Meanwhile Carol and Tom would be cracking up over in the corner.
He learnt how to say: "I am a whale! I am 2 whales. We are whales. I am 6 apples. You are a whalebutt!"
I'd then look at him and say that he couldn't be two whales.. he looked back at me and said "Who gives you the right to tell me what I am? Don't tell me that I can only be one whale. I am 2 whales! I am Copenhagen!".
... J and I bonded really quick after that. I've always wished for an elder brother.. and now I have one. Thank you Fox family! I truly love you all! 

They wouldn't let me buy them stuff some I made them something instead! They also gave me presents (bought ones).
They had read my papers and seen that I liked taking pictures a lot (especially for my blog), so they gave me a camera. "And you can't have a camera without a bag" Carol said, so I got a small bag for it. They also got me a memory card for it, a cuuuuuuuute little bracelet with stars/flowers, and a pair of earrings from Macy's (Few days before Christmas I had realized that the stone had fallen out of one of my earrings). So thank you! I'm looking forward to using my new camera!

Other presents I got:

 The last day of school before Christmas Break my friend, Robbie, brought this me me and a few other of her friends. Thank you so much <3

Lori, the host mom in the family that I had stayed with for a week before I came here, gave me a white stocking as you may have seen in one of my earlier posts. She told me that I could wait for Christmas if I wanted.. and so I did. She also texted me Christmas morning and wished me a Merry Christmas from her, her boyfriend, his daughter, her daughter, and the Slovakian girl, Lenka.
 I looooooove chocolate <3

In the morning, I found a stocking outside my room here at the Fox's house. 
 It's so cuuuuute and Christmas'y. I love it!
 Inside there was looooooads of chocolate.. (I think I may have accidentally mentioned how much I liked it). Carol is allergic to chocolate, yet she got me all this :3 The brand Ghirardelli is made in San Francisco (Which is one of my favorite cities) and it is just amaaazing. She had also bought me new underwear, from Victoria's Secret, that she had put in the little pink thingies.. but.. I don't feel like showing you guys that :P

 I also got this little card from Dorothy from CHI (The Area Coordinator) - I love how all the kids are different looking. Perfect for us exchange students :)
And look what's inside! A giftcard for the local coffee shop! 

Anyways, Merry Christmas to all of you! I hope you had an amazing time!
And happy birthday to my grandpa too!! Today he turns 73!

No comments:

Post a Comment