May 11, 2013

After Prom + Sleepover!

Friday after school, like earlier mentioned, I was supposed to go watch the new Iron Man 3 with my little friend group.
Angel had to take her SAT Saturday and had to spend the day at home studying. Elyssa was busy, Khla had to get a suit for prom (which was the day after), Raquel couldn't come nor Marvin, Zandler ... I don't know about him, Risa had watched it already, and Megan would be going with her aunt anyways.

Khla and I talked in the morning and we decided just to go to After Prom with all of our friends instead. It'd be at the Roxy theater and for just $10 we could watch movies (Ironman included), eat all the food we wanted to, play games, be a part of the draft for prizes, and watch the hypnotist! Screw our own plans!
Instead of going Friday we waited until Saturday!

The actual prom would be at 8pm (I think) I didn't care. I wasn't going. At first I had wanted to, but since the first guy who asked me had been sent home (Yes, my friend Kim asked me), the second guy who asked me meant it as a joke, and my third friend (whom I had really hoped would ask me) never did, I decided to be a B about it and just tell myself that it probably wouldn't have been worth the hard work...
And it turned out I was right.. From what I heard, prom SUCKED! (Some others liked it though.. But they don't know how to party the European way!)

Since I wasn't going to prom, and After Prom wouldn't start before 11pm, I had loads of time to get things done.
My friend Federica (Super loud and energetic Italian girl) was going to come over and then my hostmom would drive us to the big mall in TO (Thousand Oaks) so we could look for prom dresses.
Buuuuuuut because of our amazing fire here in Camarillo, and the one going on in LA (Federica lives in Enchino which is a part of LA), authorities has decided to just completely block all the highways, making it impossible for her to get to my house -_____-
Both of our proms were this coming Saturday and my hostmom decided that it was about time for me to get a dress.

I talked to Federica and our plan turned out like this: I'd go Saturday with my mom and baby-sister and if I didn't find anything, she and her cousin would pick me up Monday after school and then we'd go!

I seriously love this mall!
The first store I went into was JCPenny and there it was hanging! The perfect prom dress!

°Not too revealing
°Long
°Sleeveless (I look strange with sleeve-dresses)
°Open in the back, yet not too open for conservative people (And if it is.. I DON'T CARE)
°Puffy (I'm not sure if that's the correct word)
And it was this bright blue colour that catches the attention of the eye!
It was simple and beautiful ~

Eventually I went into a few other dress stores (just to check out what opportunities I had) but it turned out that I'd found my target. None of the dresses I found suited me, so I went with the blue one c: I'm so excited to wear it!

Since Angel had been up early to test and her nervous blabbering had woken me up (jk Angel I love you!), I decided to take a nap, knowing that my circadian rhythm would be screwed up anyways.

We went there and.... It was NOT as good as people had said it would be. Ironman was playing when we arrived so we decided to go for the second playing. The wait took FOR-FREAKING-EVER. We tried to waste time playing little games, watching some of my friends give the karaoke a try, be drawn by this random guy, getting little henna tattoos (No, not me. What do they think we are? Kids?), and just basically trying to find our entire friend group. Angel had found a new friend and ran off a couple of times.. Same with Elyssa and her boyfriend.
First pic: Zandler, Khla, me, Elyssa, Elyssa's boyfriend Charles, and Calvin
Second pic: Marvin, Zandler, Calvin, me, and Khla

After walking around in there in the heat for what feels like forever, we went into another room and arrived just as they were setting up for the hypnotist. We waited maybe another 15-20 min. and heard that they had paused Ironman in order for them to have more people watching this guy.
The before so pretty prom guests had now changed into their pyjamases and looked like a bunch of zombies that most of all just wanted to go home.
I was super excited for this and when he asked for volunteers I rose my hand. I didn't get picked but y friend Elyssa was lucky enough to. He started out by having them "fall asleep" but Elyssa fell out of the trance and was pulled from the show. Half of my friends believed in it, half didn't. I have to say though, when he made them get up and dance like monkeys and then jump on the rest of us to eat bugs from our hair, I believed in it. Some of the most quiet people had been chosen and all those actions he made them do... They would NOT have done that if they had been conscious.

The show was great! We laughed soooo much!
However, after the show, they decided to play the Ironman movie again from where they ended. When it was finally over we went inside and chose pur spots. We were then informed that the hypnotist had taken more time than he was supposed to and they had now decided there wouldn't be time enough to have a second showing.
No Ironman!! >:(

Even though the "party" had died out long time ago, they didn't release us before 5am.
Because it's a school party, they're basically just baby-sitting the seniors and juniors and that's why they wouldn't let us leave. If anything happened to one of us it'd be on their cost. What are they do afraid of? Are people really that stupid that they need adults to watch them? Wow. Just wow.
Khla, Angel, Marvin, Paige (a friend of Elyssa), me, and Elyssa and her boyfriend all went home to Elyssa and parked ourselves on the floor in the living room. Elyssa provided us all pyjamases and soon the floor was covered in pillows, blankets, and sleeping people. We would all fall asleep randomly, almost as if we were taking shifts; nonetheless, I only got about 20 min. of sleep and that was like 7 in the morning.
I woke up to Paige gone and when she came back, she had brought us all doughnuts. Is there any better way to wake up? I think not!

We played this weird game called Quelf where you'd get these random little missions told to you by a card.. One of mine were to slap my feet while yelling: "Johhny! I told you not to walk barefoot inside the house" repeatedly for a minute. Another one told me to build a fortress and if it "due to natural disasters or bad fortress construction" fell apart, I'd have to yell "Alumha! This is a bad cave! Muha ha ha!"....
Those weird American games...
My beautiful pillowfortress~

We had lunch at Denny's Diner where you could order a Bacon Sundae, a bacon milkshake, or maybe a waffle with bacon. They sure love their bacon o.O


We got back home at 2pm and we were about to just fall into sleep. Angel hadn't had any sleep at all since early Saturday morning and those 20 min. didn't do me much good either. We stayed up only be constantly eating and having a House marathon before we finally went to our separate rooms. BOOM! Out cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment