January 7, 2015

New Year Resolutions 2015

Hey everyone!
Can you believe we're already a week into the new year? I hope it has been good to you so far!
Perhaps you made some new years resolutions?

Continuing the tradition from the past 2 years, I'm once again going to make a post about mine. But first, let's have a look at my goals from 2014 and see how I did. 

In 2014 I wanted to...

................................. 1.  Eat more healthy
................................. 2.  Visit at least 2-3 foreign countries
................................. 3.  Travel somewhere without family
................................. 4.  Learn how to use Illustrator, Photoshop, and html (at least the basics)
................................. 5.  Build up a portfolio
................................. 6.  Learn basic Korean language
................................. 7.  Get a job
................................. 8.  Get an A in Spanish class (a test or assignment)
................................. 9.  Take time listening to people even though I'm stressed or busy
............................... 10.  Make my blog even better!

Through 2014 I managed to eat a lot less sweets than the earlier years. I still eat it once in a while but my consumption of candy has been diminished quite a bit while I have also begun eating more fruits and drinking tea.
I fulfilled resolution #2 and #3 as I went to both France, Sweden, Germany, and Spain and none of these trips were with my parents. Germany was for a concert, Spain was a class trip, Sweden was to visit a friend, and France was with my good friend and travel buddy, Maria.
My understanding of the Spanish language has grown a lot and I'm surprised I came up with this resolution back then because A is pretty much the only grade I get in Spanish now. #notbraggingjustproud

For #4 I'm not sure if I can say I fulfilled it or not. I've become a lot better in Photoshop and I actually understand html now so I guess I've got the basics down for those two but I'm still lacking skills in Illustrator. Perhaps I should have split this one into three.
Same goes to #5 and #9 - I DID start making a portfolio but it's still incredibly small. Buuuut at least I have one! I DID at some point also take time listening to people but when my most important exam so far came up, I pretty much isolated myself unless I had to rant about it to Maria.
I changed the layout for my blogs a bunch of times and learned more about the platform itself. I'd say that I DID make my blog better compared to how it was in 2013 but it can always get better!

There were only two things I didn't accomplish at all: getting a job and learning Korean. I applied for a bunch of jobs but not many places want +18 year old part-time workers. I can't work full time because of school and since I'm this old, the companies are required by law to pay me more so of course they choose to hire younger people in order for them to have less expenses.
Learning Korean proved to be too time consuming in an already stressful year, that mostly circled around my studies. However, I downloaded a bunch of e-books on learning Korean so hopefully I can get started as soon as I get more time on my hands.

I think I did a good job! Although I didn't make all of them come true, I at least tried and that's good enough for me. I guess there isn't much more to say but to move on to this year's resolutions. In 2013 I wanted to be more open-minded and happy, in 2014 I put focus on learning, and in 2015 I want to be more independent and creative. Soooo....

 In 2015 I want to:

................................. 1.  Finish 2-3 cosplay costumes
................................. 2.  Attend at least 3 cosplay conventions and a cosplay photoshoot
................................. 3.  Get an A in one of my exams
................................. 4.  Do my best in school! 
................................. 5.  Learn basics of the Korean language
................................. 6.  Travel to 2-3 foreign countries
................................. 7.  Get a job
................................. 8.  Learn how to cook
................................. 9.  See a moose in real life
............................... 10.  Be better at saying no and overall take better care of myself 

How about you? Did you accomplish the ones from 2014? Did you make any New Year resolutions for 2015? In case you need inspiration you can always take a look at my resolutions for 2013 as well.

Good luck to us! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! :)

    I commented on one of your posts last year (during the summer I think) and stumpled upon the blog again. Naturally I wanted to leave another comment :-)

    Read the post about you writing your SRP-assignment since I found the topic rather interesting (Had to write the SRP-assignment myself 2 years ago). I think most students are feeling the same way as you did, as least I did. I remember having the feeling of wanting to do my best but not really knowing what I was doing (I don't even think the teachers knew what the assignment really was about) :-P I've just finished another module of my current education, so I've been having a pretty stressfull last month....I'm just glad its over and that I can enjoy 2 weeks without school :-)

    I didn't really get to make any New Years resolutions because of the upcomming exams. All I did was gathering small notes when something came to my mind and decided that I wanted to begin after my last exam. I finally had the time to put the notes together and came up with the following resolutions for 2015:
    1. Be healthier (includes food, training and sleep).
    2. Be more social and smile more.
    3. Improve my english.
    4. Read more books (litterature related to education doesn't count).

    I'm not sure if I'll be able to accomplish the resolutions, but I won't know for sure unless I try, right?

    Again a nice blog and sorry for my grammatical errors!

    /K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey again!
      Yes I remember you! Thank you for stopping by :) (And sorry for this super super late answer)

      I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like this although I certainly felt like everyone knew what they were doing except for me.
      I hope you enjoyed your "break"! That must be... university for you then?

      I think those are some great resolutions! Good luck with them! Yeah you're completely right, try your hardest and you will eventually succeed. Maybe not this year but hey, there's always 2016~

      Thank you once again for taking time to stop by and comment. It really means a lot to me :)
      I don't see any important grammatical errors but if you're more comfortable commenting in Danish next time (judging by your name I guess you're Danish?), feel free to do so. But then again, writing in English DOES help you live up to your resolution #3 :)

      Delete