July 1, 2016

Going home in 3 days

As I wrote in my last post, this camping style vacation is something I feel like I have grown out of and I've been spending my days here thinking about how to make it more entertaining for myself.

So far I've spent my time reading the book we used for history class from start to the end. It was originally meant for us to read during first and second semester but I was too busy trying to keep up with Korean class and all the other hundreds of pdf pages that our teacher wanted us to read as well. So yea! Some chapters have been incredibly boring (so boring that my dad has witnessed me several times reading between 5-10 pages before falling asleep mid day, which is something I never usually am able to unless I'm sick) but today I finished and I'm happy that I did seeing how much crucial background info it gave me. I feel like reading it in 'one sitting' was a much better alternative for me to memorize it all anyways.

Now you might think of me as a lazy person but the truth is that I, with my lack of wifi and other things needed for my hobbies, am more active than I have been in a long time. Every morning at 10.00 I attend the stretching class, I do aerobics/pilates from 10.30 for half an hour, and finally at 17.30 there's the yoga class.
But like I wrote in my previous post, except for these activities there isn't much for me to do here and I sort of feel like I could be spending my time more wisely. I do have 2 months or so left of my summer break but at the same time I also have a __lot__ of things to take care of before then. Things that I will be blogging about soon and which I could use some time alone to think through.
As I wrote in one of my last two posts as well (I think) I only had a day in Denmark between returning from what feels like a long trip to Korea and going to Italy with my family. I think it'd be good for me to relax a little and have some time alone in quiet.

It is for these reasons paired with the fact that my mom and I feel bad about leaving our cats home for so long that I bought a cheap ticket home on the 4th of July, a week before the others. It's direct and takes 2 hours while I won't have to deal with the 24-hour-long car ride home like my family so everything is great in that aspect.

However, now that my time here is more limited, I've suddenly come to appreciate the days I have left and this place itself even more. For so many years we have gone here but thinking back I never really took that many pictures for memories + the phone I had five years ago when we were last here didn't have the best camera. So that's what I'm doing now! Today I took a walk with my dad around the camping site and shot a bunch of good pictures/memories while my dad could enjoy a swim in the lake. Once again, this place holds a special place in my heart but in this moment I'm not sure if I'd join my family if they were to go back here next summer so it's nice to have some pictures to remember it by.

I don't have any specific plans the next few days except the football matches in the evening. Tomorrow night is Italy vs. Germany and Saturday is Iceland vs. some team I forgot.
We were here that night Italy won the world championship some years back and even though I don't care for football, the experience witnessing the happiness of the Italians back then was amazing. The pool party afterwards wasn't bad either! So tomorrow we're going down to the stage to watch the match on the big screen with all the workers and other guests and Saturday we will be cheering for our Icelandic brethren!

No comments:

Post a Comment