October 20, 2016

I'm a featured dating site member?

Something weird happened yesterday.

I had just returned from my adventures to buy glue so I could fix my shoes before GEEKcore tomorrow when I came home to see a message sent to my Facebook page.

[Click the pictures to enlarge them]
A stranger sent me a link to a tweet, asking if it was me in the picture.
..and I found this. That's my picture right there, cropped and mirrored.
I was furious with what I saw!
How DARE they use my face like that!?
And also, how dare they say this "Katie" person is a 25-year-old when I can't even get into clubs with this face in my own country without showing ID?

At first I thought maybe someone had stolen my picture and made a fake profile using my face. You know, a catfish or something. I immediately told them to take it down.
 But the more people around me looked into it, the more it seemed like it was this "page" itself that had falsely made an account with my picture to make themselves seem more.. legit, I suppose?
 I was preparing myself for a large scale attack to expose them and their trickery but soon after writing to them, the Tweet was removed.
As you can obviously see, the page is in my own mother tongue. I'm not even American! How double dare they!

I didn't get a screenshot of this yesterday but I can see today that they have removed two other tweets: one with a picture of a (blonde?) girl with a cross necklace and some text asking whether Christian girls were better to date (or something along those lines). I forgot what the other picture was about. But both were right beside the picture of the girl with the bruises on her face.

From what I understand, this twitter user is trying to frame Julian Assange - and simultaneously trying to appear like a more trustworthy site by acting as if they were a real, popular dating site with users like "Katie".

I haven't read more into it and won't have time to do so this coming week with both the convention coming and my trip to Vienna coming up.


I wish this whole thing would blow up so those people could finally be exposed once and for all.
I'd be happy to help!

At least it seems a couple of people have noticed on this Reddit thread


~~~~~~~~

Now if you'll have me excused, I have a con to prepare for.

See ya!

Lucy Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment